Saturday, April 16

We are headed back to Spain on May 2. Everyone keeps saying, "Are you excited?" I don't have a good answer for that. I have flashes of excitement when I think of working on a script for the Women of the Bible project or helping with another project. Excitement at the prospect of doing what it is I'm training in and skilled at doing.

On the other hand, it is excruciating to say goodbye to friends and family who have gotten accustomed to having us around again after 16 months in the USA. It's hard to rip out those roots again and yet I feel no hesitation about the calling -- that it IS from God, and it is worth the effort to let people know they are loved by God. To share that wonderful news in 27 languages has value well beyond me.

I keep saying if I could wave a magic wand and just be in a house in Spain with all my things put away, that would be wonderful. Instead I'm giving away furniture that was given to me 16 months ago. I'm packing up the few things to keep here in storage and deciding what needs to go back to Spain in shipping. After months of travel and speaking, we are exhausted and it's hard to summon the energy for all these decisions and tasks.

While we work on all these mundain tasks, we have the hovering cloud of an incomplete budget. We know that God is our provider andd He has absolutely done amazing things in providing for us. We are so thankful for the wonderful generous people who are on our team of support already -- it's so humbling. We still have the awareness of what is still required of us and no idea how to finish it.

These are the days we count the cost and even though it is hard we see the value in going. Who are we to get to be part of God's plan to share His love with millions of people in countries all around the world. Incredible and maybe sometimes, I do get excited.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home