Wednesday, September 13

No do overs

In July, we were here a year. After three moves in a foreign country in different cities in just a year, we are beginning to feel settled. It's strange now, because language school seems many, many moons ago. A totally different world. The Spanish is functional now but a long ways from smooth. It's hard to move forward with it since our work environment is in English. All our outside activities involve Spanish though, that's for sure.

The move to Madrid area in February took a lot more adjusting than I expected. I figured it would just be a matter of unpacking, but we had to learn new stores, new roads, new schedules, new work world. I think now after seven months here, I can begin to feel that this is home. I'm developing an affection for our new city and learning my way around. Again, a long ways to go still.

While this has been one of the most challenging years we've experienced, we both have a certainty that this is where we are suppose to be. It's the right time and the right place. While it is good to feel that way, I don't think I'd do this year over if I was offered the chance. Too many mountains to climb. I'll just wait for the mountains that next year will bring.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home